Series One: The Ripping Off of the Bandaid!
First off, WHOA, I am finally putting these up, which I have been sitting on for a half of a year! Why?!?! The little devils on my shoulders with the “ Who are you?”, “No One will Listen”, “these are not good enough”… Well, little voice, see ya later, I am chucking up the deuces to you and ripping off the bandaid of Podcasting!
Throughout my first 9 episodes, get a look behind the scenes at me figuring my way around, Entrepreneurs from across the USA sharing some of their first moments, secret sauces, and how they have navigated life on their own terms.
The move, the leap, the sales pitch, and the Dali Lama??
Our past does not have to define who we are, we decide that but it is a part of us, we get to choose how we use this.
I often say, I do not regret anything, as it has made me who I am, brought me to this moment in time. The good, the bad, and the indifference are all a part of the makeup of me, and I choose to be aware, to make peace, and to use these moments to fuel myself and teach others how to do the same.
We can either take responsibility for our own lives, and move toward who and what we want to be, or we can blame, stay stagnant and live a hamster wheel life.
I am super excited about this next guest, Sophia Olivas, just like myself had a difficult upbringing and she made a decision, leaving home at 14 years old, to listen to her inner voice, let the fire within burn bright and create a life full of experience, having incredible highs and some extreme lows.
My guest today, Sophia Olivas is International Speaker, Best-Selling Author, Philanthropist, and Socially Conscious Entrepreneur. Launching her first business at 18 years old, coding before it was common or cool, on dial-up, she made her first million and sold her business before the age of 25 yrs. Globetrotting across 30 countries, meeting the Dali Lama, learning new languages and many life lessons, Sophia is a true nomad, a pioneer and a force to be reckoned with.
Be prepared to be moved, inspired, and left a bit fierier about what YOU CAN DO in your own life.
What you’ll hear about in this episode:
- How your life’s vision, purpose, passion can fuel you, no matter what age
- Get “lost” in unknown worlds
- When you are doing your life’s Passion and Purpose, you never feel like you are working
- READ! LEARN! READ
- Women’s Financial Sovereignty
- Our right at birth, responsibility, accountability to be financially solvent
- Alleviate violence, eradicate poverty and bolster mental health
- Builds foster communities
- Dali Lama and the feisty young Sophia
- What does “hope” mean
- And much more!
Last little nuggets:
- No right/No wrong, all there is, is an opportunity for humanity
- “You haven’t lived till you hit rock bottom”
- Self Educate!
- Get Mentors!!!
- Live with childlike wonder
- And soooo muuuchhhh morrrre!
Subscribe and Review:
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please tell us what you think and leave a review for The Confessions of a Digital Nomad so we can learn, improve, and better serve you in the future.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on Acast Podcasts to get automatic updates. My goal for this podcast is to inspire you to truly live life on YOUR terms and owning your journey.
Links + Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Utopia Smart City
- GreyThorn Marketing
- Utopia Smart City overview
- Follow Sophia on LinkedIn @sophiaolivas
- Follow me on Instagram @lynnhoward_digitalnomad on FB @Lynnhbusinesscoach and LinkedIn @lynn Howard